Pages

7.7.14

Recipe: Blueberry Oatmeal Loaf



I've been really snackish lately, probably since I started running more regularly. I'm not one to quickly reach for something decent like a piece of toast, though I know I'd be better off doing that rather than grabbing a roll of cookies (like I did yesterday. Oops). Not good. I have a major sweet tooth, but I need something that fills me up. So I started thinking of less-indulgent alternatives for snack food, and came across this recipe. I made it this afternoon and it was a big success! If you like blueberry muffins or banana breads, you'll love this. It's like a perfect combination, and the oats make it a pretty nice hearty snack. Plus it's super easy to make!

Blueberry Oatmeal loaf
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup oats
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (thawed and drained)
  1. Preheat your oven at 175 degrees Celcius.
  2. Mix sugar, milk, oil and eggs in a large bowl with a spoon.
  3. Add in remaining ingredients except blueberries and stir until combined. Fold in blueberries.
  4. Grease 8-9 inch loaf tin and pour mixture in. Sprinkle with some more oats (optional).
  5. Bake for about 50 minutes until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let it cool for 10 minutes before removing from tin. Cool for a little more before slicing. Enjoy!
Recipe source



I'm going to get myself another slice. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment