Pages

28.10.14

Street art in Melbourne: Smith street surrounds, Collingwood



Melbourne is known as one of the street art capital in the world, so when in Melbourne and in doubt of what to do, just strolling around an area and going on the lookout for some cool murals and pieces is a great idea. This weekend I went to Smith street in Collingwood and took some time to wander through the nearby streets and lanes searching for decorated walls. I found plenty! This is a great area for this kind of urban exploring, and I'll be sure to come back. Here are some of the pieces I found.

Streets and lanes I walked around: Smith street, Gertrude street, Little Smith street, Langridge street, Little Oxford street, Charles street, Derby street. There's a useful street art spotting guide for this area here.














I only walked around for about an hour, so this is only a small selection of the artwork in this area. I am sure there is a lot more to be found if you take time to really dig into the hidden corners of Collingwood. Northern suburbs, I'll be coming back to you for sure.

2 comments:

  1. wauw! tof zeg :) mooie & goed uitgevoerde street art geeft zoveel charme aan een stad, vind ik!
    xo, cheyenne

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mural with the bee is just awesome, haha. Whoever made it was clearly a Simpsons fan ;)

    ReplyDelete